Welcome to the first CurEight.
What is CurEight, you ask?
CurEight is the first in a series of posts I’ll be sharing every Monday on my blog that focuses on my 8 favorite discoveries from the past week. Now, the discoveries I share with you could be anything: a new app that has helped me become more productive, a link that has given me some insight into solving a particular problem, an incredible book I might have just finished reading, or even a podcast that I think you might enjoy listening to.
Each discovery I share will hopefully add some type of value to your life, because if I’m sharing them on CurEight they’ve helped me in some way, shape, or form.
Without further ado …
- 15 Clever Recipes to Try With IFTTT’s New Do Apps (Field Guide) – IFTTT is one of my all-time favorite internet apps. Their new app Do is interesting. I’m not entirely sure how it will fit in to my workflow, but I’m willing to give it a try.
- Getting Lost in Just Doing (zen habits) – My wife and I were talking about this topic over the weekend. It is so easy not to act and just be content with the way things are.
- SelfControl (Mac OS X App) – Pat Flynn of the Smart Passive Income Blog featured this app as one of his top 5 productivity tools that can make you better, faster & stronger. I haven’t totally set it up on my machine, but from what I can tell it is going to help my increase my productivity by keeping me off of sites I don’t mean to spend time on (I’m looking at you Gmail and Feedly!).
- Spring Cleaning, or How I Fell in Love with 1Password Vaults (MacStories) – I use 1Password to manage all of my passwords and sensitive info and I’ve noticed that my vault has been getting a little cluttered lately. This gave me a starting point to begin cleaning it up.
- The first rule of web design (Seth Godin) – It is astonishing to me that clarity that Seth Godin possesses. This post is spot on and one that every web designer should read.
- f.lux (Mac OS X App) – It’s 10:32 PM at night and my computer is not suppressing my melatonin production with its harsh blue light. Thank you f.lux. I’ve had this one for a while, but it’s too good not to share in my first edition of CurEight.
- 5 Questions to Ask When Interviewing Interns (LinkedIn Talent Blog) – I have a new intern that just started with me this week at The Bailey Group. With my first intern, I didn’t spend the time learning about what interested her. This time around, I wanted to figure out the tasks could I give her that she’d feel comfortable with completing right away because that’s where her skills lie.
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) (Written by Hal Elrod) – I read this over the weekend after hearing multiple people talk about it on the podcasts that I listen to. The premise? Start your morning early and with intention and it will take your life to the next level. I completed my first Miracle Morning this morning; I’ll let you know how it went in a later blog post.
That’s all folks! I hope you enjoyed the first edition of CurEight. If you found any of these resources helpful don’t forget to subscribe at the bottom of this post. That way you’ll get each edition of CurEight delivered straight to your inbox every Saturday morning.
Have an incredible week!