I might get an Apple Watch.
I'm just not sold on it for a few reasons:
- What are the benefits that differ from the value my iPhone brings me?
- Do I really want a device like this strapped to my body at all times?
- Will Apple upgrade it within a year anyway, rendering the first version obsolete? I can't afford to drop that kind of cash on a phone and a watch in the same year.
I guess we'll find out the answers to all those questions (and more) at Apple's Spring Forward event at 1:00 pm EST today. I can tell you that if I were to get one, it would be the once above.
Let's get on with it. Here is this week's CurEight:
- How to Watch the Apple Watch Livestream (Wired) – At 1:00 pm EST today the world will finally know the cost of the Apple Watch Edition. Rumors say it could go for as much as $10,000.
- Mix Your Apple Watch – Which Apple Watch will you be buying? Use this website to pick out the one of your dreams. I'm keen on the black steel band and watch face.
- The Customer Always Remembers (Helpscout) – Do you deal with customers in any way in your job? Do yourself a favor and read this now.
- What Doesn't Get Scheduled, Doesn't Get Done (SimplicityBliss) – Even if you don't use OmniFocus for your task management, this post has some great nuggets for those struggling with Getting Things Done and time management in general.
- "It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something." – Franklin D. Roosevelt. I'm sure I have heard this before, but something about Kevin Spacey delivering this line in S3 E2 of House of Cards really impacted me. Are you trying something you've been wanting to try for a while or is the fear of it not working out holding you back?
- 20+ Productivity Apps for College Students and Young Professionals (Zapier) – I use a number of these apps every single day.
- How I Work Series (Lifehacker) – I am fascinated with how people of all types work. What gear do they use? What apps help them stay on top of their game? What type of books do they read? This Lifehacker series interviews the most successful people around to find out the answers to these questions and more.
- WellnessFX – I just finished my semi-annual blood analysis and will be sharing my results with you over the next few weeks.
That's it for this week's CurEight. Did anything strike your fancy? What cool things have you discovered recently? Let's chat in the comments below!
Don't forget: If you want to receive CurEight in your mailbox every Saturday morning, type your best email address in at the bottom of this post.